Hong Kong-based payment platform Crypto.com has announced its own non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace. The service will be launched on March 26.
Read about the lineup https://t.co/qs3OdQYUrD
– Crypto.com (@cryptocom) March 24, 2021
“Our mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to cryptocurrencies, and NFT is the next natural step,” the statement said.
The partners of the marketplace are:
- American rappers Snoop Dogg and K Camp;
- digital artist BossLogic;
- English car manufacturer Aston Martin;
- American pop singer Lionel Richie;
- indie-pop musician from the cover of the Clubhouse social network Axel Mansur;
- British singer and composer Boy George.
The platform will be available by invitation only. The first NFT will be BossLogic’s Greater Heights featuring a whale.
The Greater Heights drop with @cryptocom on the 27th of March
They have some amazing things to roll out, glad to be one of them!
– BossLogic (@Bosslogic) March 24, 2021
On March 28, the Aston Martin Cognizant team will unveil their NFT collection in honor of their return to Formula 1 after 60 years.
Alongside Crypto.com, social media platform Nifty’s has raised investment from billionaire Mark Cuban and Ethereum co-founder Joseph Lubin.
As a reminder, digital artist Beeple got scared by the volatility of Ethereum and converted the record revenue from the sale of NFT “Everydays: The First 5000 Days” into US dollars. After deducting the auction house fees and taxes, he received $ 53 million.
Interest in NFT almost reached the level of ICO mania in 2017.
Earlier, Twitter founder Jack Dorsey sold his first tweet in the form of NFT for $ 2.91 million. The lot was bought by the founder of Bridge Oracle Sina Estavi.