“Launch more decentralized features on XWallet,” during Q1 2021.
Pundi X Roadmap Q4 2020 — Q2 2021
We’re now officially in the second half of 2020. COVID-19 has brought significant impacts on the economies and we are seeing how it has changed businesses both online and offline. Pundi X is determined to provide support as much as we can, by educating more people about the advantages of moving transactions to the blockchain and using digital currencies to facilitate contactless transactions. Also, we are adjusting how we operate while tackling the challenges brought by the pandemic.
The challenges have also provided a window of opportunity for tech companies like ours to make digital currencies even more accessible and compelling by working with both authorities and leading solution providers.
In the first half of 2020, we’ve accomplished over 90% of the items which we had set out in our roadmap. See below for details:
- Enabled XPOS® to accept crypto payment from decentralized wallets via on-chain payment module.
- Developed buy crypto option on XPOS® for decentralized wallets via on-chain crypto sales.
- Launched XPOS® Reseller Program and Affiliate Program.
- Launched Pundi X official online shop, adding local official online stores.
- XPOS® available for sale on Amazon Japan
- Activated DeFi features in XWallet via Crypto Zoo. Final version is available soon.
- Expanded XPOS® platform to PAX POS device. It is now available in both European and US App Store.
- Implemented mandatory KYC to comply with the regulatory requirements.
- Completed the alpha version of the Distributor portal. Distributor and merchant workshops were conducted in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Implemented PayPal and PayPal Here feature support on XPOS®.
Work in progress:
- Conducted alpha testing of Pundi X platform on Function X blockchain, including on-chain payment on Function X.
- Set up an XPOS® distribution network in Argentina.
- Integrate XWallet with acquirers so that users can have more options for paying with crypto
- Set up more XPOS® distributor networks in Europe.
- PSA license application to the Monetary Authority of Singapore is being reviewed
Here is a list of the targeted milestones in our Q4 2020 to Q2 2021 roadmap. Our focus remains on actual deployment and enabling all the transactions to be on chain. Please take note of our disclaimer* when you are considering the forward-looking roadmap seen below.
- Integrate more coins and tokens via Open Platform
- Marketing campaigns for LATAM markets to expand XPOS® networks
- Provide on-chain deposit on both distributor and merchant portals
- Expand XPOS® platform to more Android-based MPOS devices.
- Explore DeFi functionalities on the XPOS®
- Launch more decentralized features on XWallet
- Set up more XPOS® distribution networks in Africa.
- Test XPay for online merchants
- Launch blockchain-based loyalty program for businesses
- To be announced in May 2021
Roadmap contains forward-looking statements regarding Pundi X expected progress, future features and our business plans.
These statements reflect Pundi X current expectations with respect to future events; they are based on assumptions and are subject to risks, uncertainties and change at any time as the company operates in a changing regulatory environment and highly evolving technical space. Pundi X is obligated to comply with regulatory requirements or require permissions of new services, which may cause delay or transferring to other organizations to continue the newly developed services.
Given these risks and uncertainties, you are cautioned not to rely on these forward-looking statements. Actual results, performance or events may be different from what is predicted in the forward-looking statements.
The forward-looking statements cannot constitute technological, financial, investment, legal or other advice. Please consult with experts in appropriate areas before implementing or utilizing the forward-looking statements.